Why Me? Now What? (A Personal Journey Through Infertility)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pineapples...

Today seemed to whiz by me... I was late getting to work, finding it to comfortable to lie in bed that extra 1/2 hour. After finally arriving to the office, there seemed a zillion things to do... but somehow I managed to squeeze it all in and make it home to find Mike in the kitchen working on dinner.

As I sat and sorted the mail watching him cook, I opened the package that had come from the fertility clinic. Finally... the information we would need to start the IVF process in a few months. We were officially on the waiting list (as of January 24th according to the paperwork). It also included our requisition for our additional blood screening. HIV and hepatitis; to ensure we are safe and healthy for the road ahead.

I read a post on one of the fertility boards the other day about pineapples, so once he was done cooking dinner, the hubby took the time to peel and cube a pineapple for me and put it in the fridge. Apparently, eating a 1/2 cup a day helps with implantation... at this point, I will try anything!!!

Tomorrow I start with the OPKs (Ovulation Predictor Kits); I think I will test 2 times a day... morning and afternoon pee should let me know as soon as I get the surge. Kind of exciting!!! Although the success rate is only 13% on IUI, I still feel like this might be it for us... PLEASE let it be "it" for us!!!!

So as I sit back to watch a little tv before bed, I find myself munching fresh pineapple & day dreaming about "what if's".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home