Why Me? Now What? (A Personal Journey Through Infertility)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hang On Babes... Momma's coming!

The embryologist called, at 12:01 this afternoon mind you, allowing me to play tricks on my mind. Why is it they do this to us? Saying you will call sometime between 9 and 12 means, you should call everyone at 9:05!! Dont they know that this is one of the biggest events in our lives?

But it was worth it.

My 11 little embryos that fertilized yesterday gained a little brother... 1 of the 8 that were re-fertilized late is springing to life and has caught up to the others, desperate to not be left behind. So 12 embryos... all viable and potentially the answer from God we have been desperately waiting for. She said they looked fantastic... not 1 or 2... but all 12! They were the types of embryos that makes the lab giddy, that's how she described them! Since I had asked to transfer 2 or 3 depending on their quality, she said that they would only be placing back 2, since they were so healthy and there was no reason to risk high order multiples.

I will also have some left that can likely be frozen... something that you never know if will actually happen, but is a second blessing all in itself.

So we are set... tomorrow at 2:30 pm we will be introduced to our babes, and they will be placed back with so much hope and love. Could this really be happening? I am holding my emotions because there are always what ifs and why nots... but can I say it?????

YIPPPPPPPEEEEEE!!!

1 Comments:

  • COngratulations, that sounds like an amazing crop of embryos. I hope they all keep growing so well.

    By Blogger Thalia, at 5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home